Sunday, January 23, 2011

I am a child of God

While at church last Sunday we sang the childrens hymn, I Am a Child of God. For those not familiar with the song, it is an LDS hymn that many parents teach their children when they are young. As the congregation was singing several of the little children were singing, too. One little boy was singing so exuberantly that I could hear his sweet voice across the chapel. I was touched that he knew all the words and by how exictedly he sang, I could tell that his parents were doing a wonderful job teaching their little boy about who he is and how special he is. It made me excited for the time when our children are old enough that we can teach them the same hymn and also teach them who they are - children of God.


The lyrics are below and also a link to the hymn:






I am a child of God,
And He has sent me here,
Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind and dear.

Chorus:
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with Him someday.

I am a child of God
And so my needs are great;
Help me to understand his words
Before it grows to late.

Chorus

I am a child of God,
Rich blessings are in store;
If I but learn to do his will
I'll live with him once more.

Chorus

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



Emily and Matthew - the Virginia cousins


James - 7 months old

Jessica and Cora - the Illinois cousins

Christ and the Little Child, Carl Bloch

Vera and Blaine - the California cousins

Layla, James, Bailey, Ronnie, Issac - the Utah cousins




No comments:

Post a Comment