Monday, June 13, 2011

Hiking the Y

This summer we have decided to start hiking on Mike’s Mondays off work. So, being BYU graduates our first hike should be the Y. Mike and I have hiked the Y before, but not with James. All I can say is that I’m glad I wasn’t the one carry James up the mountain.

We figured it would be best if we went in the morning before the sun came up over the mountain. It wouldn’t be too earlier (and too cold) or right in the middle of the day when it was too hot. We got there around 8:30 and did not get more than one switchback up the trail before James had enough. So, we turned and round to go home and as soon as we were in the sunshine he stopped crying. Poor little boy had been cold! We thought we had dressed him warmly, but I guess not. We came back later in the day when it was nice and warm (almost hot) and he did just great. In fact, he fell asleep halfway up and woke up when we were on our way down.


Our first attempt in the morning. This was before James got upset.


On the way up in the afternoon. James must have been comfortable because he fell asleep.


We made it!


This was on our way back down, after James woke up. I love this picture of Mike and James. It sums up their relationship perfectly, best buds.


We live in a beautiful place.


So happy to be together.




We did it!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lindsays!
    I love your comment "we live in a beautiful place". i believe it's true. we miss Utah, miss the Y! I'm so glad you're doing well! James is so cute and adorable!

    ReplyDelete