Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Commissioning & Graduation

In April we both graduated from BYU and Mike commissioned as a 2LT in the US Army. It has been quite the adventure and challenge arriving at this point. Looking back it is crazy that we were able to make the past three years work, especially going to school this year with James. We were able to do it because of the our love for each other and our love for the Lord. Truly, our Heavenly Father's hand has been over us.

This is the commissioning oath that Mike took. I think it is a beautiful and powerful thing. I am so proud of Mike and his decision to serve his country.

I, Michael Lindsay, having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, in the grade of 2LT do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God.


Mike being congratulated by LTC Boberg.


A newly commissioned butter-bar!


My parents.


Mike's mom.


Mike's grandparents.


Mike and his good friend, Jared Ervin.


Mike and LTC Boberg.


The Daddies with their babies!


Our friends Joel, Cindy, and Kylie Woodruff.


Mike and his good friend, Joel Woodruff.


WE DID IT!!!! Poor James looks so tired in this picture:)

No comments:

Post a Comment